RATION CARD RELATED:
Complete digitization of data base and maintaining the same 100 % online with all records seeded with AADHAR and AADHAR linked bank account, mobile numbers, EPIC numbers, LPG consumer numbers, Electricity consumer number and other relevant data such as house number in Municipal areas etc and pin code for postal address. In brief ensuring robust master data management and proper protocols for maintenance of the same
Ensuring service standards and pre-defined protocols for time period for each service, for instance, number of visits for a ration card, time period for issue of ration card, concept of e-verification of ration card holder, e- Application for ration card, defining the resolution time for a ration card grievance including intelligent ration card management system where in an applicant is registered on-line and receives a mail or a printout option to what documents to submit as scanned digital copies, there after receives a date and time including full address and name and designation of officer to meet for physical verification and there after receiving ration card either by post or downloading the same from the net as a certified print out which can be verified online from any quarter. Ideally this will do away with the paper ration card and only have a E-ration card which may be printed by downloading in case of need arising.
SUPPLY CHAIN RELATED:
- Allocation of food grain automatically to the beneficiary level on the basis of previous month’s actual off-take on the online portal
- Complete elimination of manual allocation of food grain based on self-declaration of month end or weekly ARD stock by the ARD dealer
- Ensure availability of food grain by the 1st of every month using door step delivery rather than waiting for ARD to lift food grains. Also establish and enforce clear deadlines by which food needs to arrive at the ARD thereby ensuring predictability and convenience to the consumer
- Enroll at least 5 (five) registered user on push mode of SMS for which Government bears the cost, and allow for online registration for SMS alerts by ration card holder to receive automated SMS alerts for arrival of stock at ARD and also about the movement of food stock and anticipated time of arrival/ delivery of stock at AWD/ARD. The 5 users for push mode of SMS can be the local police authority, Kudumbashree, Food and vigilance committee members and a ration card holder in general who can be rotated every three months. SMS alerts are to be in local language.
- Intelligent fleet management system for streamlined and cost effective Government managed transportation and a transparent lifting system showing allocation online and on updating the depositing of value of food grain by AWD/ARD a lifting window (Exact date and time period window) and delivery window shall be shown based on pre-assigned system values to allow AWD/ARD representative to be present at lifting and also to be prepared for receipt of stock
- To ensure online visibility of stock at all levels from AWD/ARD which shall be reflected in a stock reporting module on touch screen kiosks at Taluk Headquarters and other prominent locations which citizens can access at any time at their convenience including other information on how to apply for ration card, how to file a grievance or complaint and protocols and contact numbers of officials in the Public Distribution Network
- To develop a Decision Support System for policy makers and policy implementation senior executives which can show the stock availability based on a query module in a graphic report indexed to the Geo spatial data infrastructure thereby allowing informed decision making
ARD TRANSACTIONS & AUTOMATION RELATED:
- Introduction of Electronic Point of Sale device (E-POS) to allow for recording of all transactions and stock entry and receipt at the ARD including real time up-date on the central server with online connectivity.
- Building robust but flexible processes and protocols to allow for exception handling like for example physically handicapped or elderly person to claim ration entitlement through proxy despite being unable to come to the ARD
Improving the ARD viability through better commissions, ensuring door to door delivery and also a mix of other fast moving consumer goods being sold at the ARD.
- Ensuring portability across the ARDs to give the power of choice to the ration card holder and to create competition amongst the ARDs.
- To make rigid protocols for issue of bill for every transaction in the ARD and for having a LED based Stock board connected to the E- POS which automatically displays the stock position.
- To allow for an inspection module based on biometric validation of the credentials of the official of the Food and Civil Supplies Department and to ensure log in the Sever of inspection time and details including reporting of irregularities etc.
- The E-POS is also to function as an automated attendance registry system whenever switched on and ideally, each transaction for sale and stock entry and receipt shall be biometrically validated.
GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL RELATED:
- To establish a toll free help line that shall assign unique identity to every complaint/grievance and allocate the resolution of such complaint based on an intelligent MIS to a pre-assigned officer with a defined time line failing which the complaint centre shall alert the next hierarchy and show pendency of complain against assigned officer. The system shall generate Decision Support Systems for review and follow up.
- Establish a system management centre that handles all errors on E-POS and other technical snags in the system and works to replace and rework within a pre-defined turnaround time and regularly keeps a log of such system errors and resolution.
- To organize standard reports and make available such reports for open scrutiny and monitoring by all stakeholders, media etc.
- Incorporate a social audit mechanism that is structured on a standard survey and query format which is filled online after convening a social audit meeting by officials and uploaded with image files for archival and referral purpose and for charting future course of action for a transparent and responsive system.
- Incorporation of grievance redress adalats and sitting at local levels at Taluk and District level and also at Panchayat level
Built in a module that is accessible by the Local Panchayat offices for monitoring performance and accessing relevant details.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT RELATED:
- Ensure clear deliverables and cost being defined in a crisp and comprehensive Detailed Project report that defined the goals and framework and yet remains flexible to absorb the unanticipated events during field implementation.
- A clear chain of command is to be established in the Detailed Project Report itself with relevant checks and balances such as Hon’ble Minister’s monthly review, Secretary’s fortnightly review, Commissioner’s weekly review and report to all participating stakeholders and levels of Government for achievement of specific performance targets and timelines.
- Communication at all levels in government, media, stakeholders through extensive I.E.C about the goals and objectives of the project to ensure clear comprehension of project objectives and the systematic manner of approach and execution thereof.
- Thrashing out local level acclimatization and customization with a greater degree of standardization at all the district and taluk levels to rule out exceptions and to being all units onto to common platform an extensive consultative phase to be built into the DPR.
CHANGE MANAGEMENT & HUMAN RESOURCES RELATED:
- A time bound plan for total switch over to the end to end computerized system should be defined and adhered to meticulously with a sandwich time where the two systems runs parallel for a maximum switch over of two months only. No exceptions should be allowed and strict laid down protocols for exception handling to be predefined.
- An Information Technology Division is to be created within the Commissionerate with extensive field footprint to take over and own the entire technological set up after the initial hand holding by the Technology Solution Providers and NIC. A clear plan thereof should be executed with defined time lines.
- Intensive and well-structured mandatory training with training impact assessments to be introduced into the Commissionerate and the concept of Departmental examinations for the End to End computerization handling aspects to be woven in by rule and stipulation for further promotions. Proper training modules and hands on session to be predefined and number of training prior to induction in field for the staff to be ensured without fail.
- Extensive training and trouble-shooting help on site and assistance on call to be made available to the ARDs and AWDs through the implementation and thereafter during the continuity of the project.
END BENEFICIARY & CONSUMER RELATED:
- Strict compliance with timely delivery of food grains and ensuring good quality. The Commissionerate to ensure that the Consumer has right to choice, right to information, right to quality and timely delivery and a right for redress and complaint with feedback. These are to be ensured with predefined service standards. Each module of the End to End computerization to be so designed that it ensures maximum consumer satisfaction.
- Flexible system for accommodating instance of customers who cannot visit the Ration Shop and defining strict protocol for exception handling
- To provide value added services like SMS – alerts, LED screen for display of stock, dial a toll free for customer grievance, and a recurrent customer satisfaction survey to be woven into the system
- Portability and power of choice to be factored as a fundamental deliverable in the project
TECHNOLOGY RELATED FAIL PROOF DESIGN & MONITORING PERFORMANCE RELATED:
- The basic rule of technology being an enabler rather than a disabler should be followed, project should address problems of power black outs, technological glitches and back up arrangement with a System log to track all errors and define the reaction time and correction time within the service standards protocols.
- The system should have performance criterion pre assigned wherein a % grid is established, for example points assigned for timely opening of shop, points assigned for timely arrival of stock, points assigned for grievance submission and redress, points for inspections done at retail and wholesale outlet and so on and the system report generation module should at any given time frame generate a report based on these % points. Other detailed report generation also should be pre-formatted and system generated.
- Tracking of process completions and protocol compliance at all levels and report generation from the system to ensure transparency and competitive dynamics within the Commissionerate and field units. MIS data should be thoroughly analyzed for informed decision making and course correction during and post implementation of the project.